- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
- RESTRICTIONS ON USING THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE
- INDEMNIFICATION BY SITE USER
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Purdue provides the contents of its Site for informational purposes and for your general interest and entertainment only. By using the Site you hereby agree not to rely on any of the information contained herein. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PURDUE BE LIABLE FOR YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION NOR SHALL PURDUE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS IN ANY SITE WHICH MAY BE LINKED TO THIS SITE, EVEN IF PURDUE OR A PURDUE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL PURDUE’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER THE CAUSE OF ACTION IS IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PURDUE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PURDUE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PURDUE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THESE SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT PURDUE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES/EXPORT RESTRICTIONS
- CAREER AND/OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to Purdue Sites can access the Site’s home page, and browse some areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the Site you came from (known as the referring URL), any Purdue online advertisements located on third party websites that you may have clicked on to access one of the Purdue Sites, the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. On some of our sites, you must register to access portions of the site.In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Purdue may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
Information we collect when you register
Visitors registering for services on our Web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. Purdue Sites obtain visitors’ consent before collecting personally identifiable information.Information from outside sourcesWe may also collect information about physicians or other health care professionals who register on Purdue Sites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity. In some cases, we ask customers for information after they register, such as credit card information. Where necessary (for example, to process an order for a purchase), our Web sites may contact financial or credit organizations to confirm customer credit card information.
From time to time we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. Some of this information may be personally identifiable, such as national change of address information. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested.
- We may also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, forms and the like.
- On some of our Sites, we offer health assessment tools that ask you to provide self-assessment information.
- We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
- Purdue will take reasonable steps to safeguard any information you share with us. Purdue stores the information you provide about yourself in a database in order to provide you with the information you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you request that it be removed.
- Purdue will limit the collection and use of your information that Purdue requires to deliver superior service to you, which includes advising you about Purdue’s products, newsletters, services and other opportunities, and to administer Purdue’s business.
- This Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from site visitors under the age of 13.
- Except as described above, Purdue will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent reasonably necessary: (i) to correct technical problems and malfunctions, to technically process your information and to determine the effectiveness of our projects; (ii) to protect the security and integrity of our website; (iii) to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others; (iv) to take precautions against liability; (v) to the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process; or (vi) to the enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, as applicable.
- As a resource to Site visitors, Purdue may provide links to other websites. Site users should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of these websites, as Purdue cannot control or be responsible for the privacy practices of other Web sites.
- At any time, you can contact Purdue to remove your name from our marketing list.
- THIRD PARTIES. Purdue may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below:
- Companies and people who work for us: Purdue contracts with other companies and individuals to help Purdue provide services. For example, Purdue may host some of our Sites on another company’s computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In addition, if you are a health care professional, Purdue may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed health care professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information Purdue maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies use of personally identifiable or health care information.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes Purdue sends offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this Purdue may use third parties working on behalf of Purdue. Purdue provides a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional – informational offers. For example, Purdue may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house. You can elect not to receive promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs that Purdue sends to you.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when Purdue believes that its release is required to comply with the law regulations, rules or local ordinances. We may release personal health information if, in our judgment after review by an attorney, the release is compelled by law or regulation, or if the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER PROTECTION POLICY
Purdue is committed to the responsible protection of your Social Security number (“SSN”). This notice applies to any SSN that Purdue collects in the course of our business. Purdue protects the confidentiality of SSNs, including by maintaining manual and/or electronic security procedures to guard against unauthorized access to SSNs. Purdue also limits access to SSNs, including by only granting access to SSNs to Purdue employees who use that information to perform their job-related duties. In addition, Purdue discloses SSNs to third parties only where necessary for business purposes and not otherwise prohibited by law.